Friday, March 1, 2013

. . . to be Better

How's this for setting your position in your consumers mind. . ."to be better". That is the slogan of the local Malaysian car company. It's exactly what they think about the brand too, "it's not so good" they always say when I ask them about it. Thinking about international corporations and their marketing it's amazing how much there is already here and how much it's going to expand.

Had a really good day (February 28, 2013). Started out a bit shaky though, as the driver scheduled to pick us up for our 8:30am start meeting never showed up. So we started texting and asking our team who goes to the other office, who's driver did show up, to talk to the staff and see if they could get a driver to us. It's crazy because usually they have to wait for us like 15 minutes, but the day we were out there early and had our first big presentation. . . Saw this while waiting, it's pretty common.
Waiting for our driver, Who was MIA to take us to the Marketing workshop MPK

It was no big deal to the customer though, and we were only maybe ten minutes late in the end.

 The Marketing Workshop material all flowed together well and they were focused and involved in the meeting so I'd say a success. So, I guess I can add marketing basics to the resume! Now just our big deliverable, the marketing plan, to complete; and an informal round table with the mine tour staff left to plan for and create.

I am so tired from the meeting though, everything compounds when working with a different culture, language considerations, etc. They provided breakfast, lunch, and hi-tea snack at the meeting. I had the first food I've had since I arrived that I would say I did not like during breakfast (the 10-10:30 am break). This dried out rolled up rice thing recooked with a bitter watery sauce poured over it. Blah.

Miss my wife tonight, I'd usually tell her all about the meeting the night of a big one.





#ibmcsc Malaysia

No comments:

Post a Comment