Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Laptops vs. Snakes, Who Wins?

So there I was finally getting down to real business on our final deliverable, the marketing plan, working on implementation steps specifically, when Power Point suddenly disappears on me completely, literally mid sentence. Then systematically other programs began crashing, explorer, notes; so I left my desk for a break. I had been trying to get the workstation security tool to read correctly that my disk was encrypted, as is required, off and on for 3-4 days. I knew this morning I shouldn't have clicked that un-encrypt button. But it was the only thing left, un then re-encrypt, to try to get the error to go away. I felt the impending doom as soon as I clicked it hours earlier, but had since forgotten it was running in the background. Well it failed, after waiting twenty minutes for it to shutdown I had no choice but to power off. After reboot I was greeted with a "Missing operating system" message! Ahhhh!

I had luckily felt I should backup my CsC photos and videos to my usb drive two days ago so I think I only lost two videos, and 5 or six graphic captures.

That said, through help from local manager contact; I may see a loaner machine, but probably just after we complete the bulk of our work. Really hoping I can borrow a computer from our client tomorrow to be able to help complete our plan. We are presenting first draft on Friday. Kind of difficult to work on Digital Presence data without a working computer. Good thing my teammate is amazing to pick up the slack for us. I am seriously still amazed by all the team members as well.

So with that drama out of the way, on to the snakes. We were invited to a Chinese New Year closing dinner tonight (March 6, 2013) hosted by MPK. It was another big event with dragon dances, drum music, and for the year of the snake; live snakes of course! Somehow I was the IBM sacrifice to the snakes, to start off the evening. Pictures below, can't make it to organized when posting from my iPhone. The staff toyed with and even kissed, yes that right kissed, a king cobra twice during their demonstration. Seems a staff member in a coma recently for month did not phase them at all! Did I mention the team was invited to sing the crowd karaoke, we chose Eye of the Tiger, lol.

So. . . Snakes win hands down, so still an awesome day!















#ibmcsc Malaysia

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I didn't know people actually kiss a Cobra! Scary...but nice photo!

    ReplyDelete