Sunday, March 3, 2013

Weekend, Pass the Prawns Please

So we had a weekend away (March 1-3, 2013) about 40 minutes north of Kuantan. The place we stayed is a "local" 4 stars. Had an excellent view of the ocean and a nice pool. Really enjoyed a fun game of volleyball with part of the team on the first night.

Picked up some bananas at the fruit stand across the street, and met this guy:
Weekend away, beach is great.

At about two in the afternoon on Saturday I could feel it was time for me to retreat from the sun. Some of the team applied sun screen generously to stay out even longer; but alas, many are quite a shade of red. I didn't use any block as is my usual mo, so I'm a little pink myself. The sun's rays close to the equator really seem to pack a lot of heat!
Weekend away, beach is great. Weekend away, beach is great.

IMG_4801That evening we went north to Cherating and browsed some shops, met this little guy in one of them, made me think of my own kiddos and wife sacrificing so I can be here; very grateful to them for that!

















I really like these local trees that have these permanent flowers on them:
IMG_4803 IMG_4805

The sand in this area was really interesting, it is mostly a normal shade, but there are sections where it is red on top, or down underneath if you dig. I managed to capture the color here, then the next shot notice the thousands upon thousands of snail shells. IMG_4810 IMG_4811
Then dinner at a fish place on the beach. It was a local dive so quite an experience. The food was also good. The shrimp here is gigantic! Bigger than river trout big I mean.
IMG_4816 Fish shop on the beach up the road. The biggest shrimp I have ever seen.

A few of the team made two dives, and enjoyed it even though conditions were not perfect. Here they are practicing for the two people that had not done a dive before:

IMG_4797
The team is relaxed, sore, and ready to return to the Rocana for work tomorrow. They picked fresh coconuts from the trees around us, prepared and gave to some of the team members the day before, then asked them for 5$ lol. I tried on before we left, here's a parting image, now back to work!

Fresh coconut
#ibmcsc Malaysia

No comments:

Post a Comment