Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Working Days, Potatoes, and Water

We are officially into full speed working days (February 26, 2013). Even though we were "working from home" today as our client is out of the office, we put in a good long day and into the night preparing material for the Marketing Workshops we will give for our client on Thursday. There will be many MPK representatives and a couple from the State of Pahang, and Federal Tourism Ministry.

My counterpart found an amazing resource for introducing key marketing concepts that she adapted to suit our needs. After some review of past teams presentations from Brazil and Malaysia I was able to gather a couple great usable slides, and find some references that led me to updated data I needed on mobile statistics for the "Digital Presence" portion of the workshop. The resources will also make great Secondary Data for our final marketing plan.

Our Survey, we published roughly 36 hours ago, reached the max of 100 responses for the free account we setup. A BIG thanks to all of our CSC team members passing it back to our teams at home, and to everyone who filled it out for us. Although our sample size is a bit small, and will have a slight "Internet" bias (as it's an internet survey), I think the client will be very surprised and happy to see the results! Here's a sample:


Loooong day (February 27, 2013) Went over CSC Team survey results with Huda only, as Zartil texted she was ill at about 5am. While Jayme pushed through combining our presentation into one. She is an like a library of past presentations and relevant materials for our assignment, and a real pro when it comes to PowerPoint! We've got a great mix of marketing material, primary and secondary data even, for the all day long workshops tomorrow. The MPK staff brought us in some of the Malaysian very spicy chicken, KFC lol. Mine was not so spicy, came with potato wedges, and I was hungry. . . so yes I'm still allergic to potatoes in Malaysia. It was actually tasty and nice to have a meal without rice. I could have picked a better day to test the potato theory out again though.

Our activity for the day was that MPK allowed us to use their Olympic size swimming facility tonight to get some exercise and relax a bit (wish I wouldn't have been wheezing so I could have done more laps). It is an amazing facility, not quite open to the public yet, that I feel privileged they let us use. Really fun, and hilarious watching some of the team calculate and finally jump off the diving platforms. If I can find time I'll try to upload some video a team mate took.
Thank you MPK for letting us swim! This facility is amazing.
After that it was a, close by the hotel, team dinner then back to work finalizing who's doing what and our videos, transition, and hands on material placement for the workshop. Really amazing quantity of work cranked out over the last two days, and I'm pleased with the quality as well. I hope that our participants are engaged and that English isn't a barrier. Did I mention it rains a lot in Malaysia, off and on and extremely heavy at times for the last two days straight!

#ibmcsc Malaysia

No comments:

Post a Comment